The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Friday, May 13, 2005

A great experience

Day off from riding today. Will resume tomorrow.

It has been said that if one has a good experience, one will tell one other about it. If the experience is bad, it will grow twenty-seven-fold. Here is the (brief) tale of my good experience.

The company to which most of my bicycle-related spending is funnelled toward could be known as a conglomerate. They own several other bicycling equipment/supply companies, and they are in many states across the nation. Sort of like the Wal-Mart of bicycles, you would think.

Ever since resuming my hardcore love affair with cycling, all of the sudden I cannot wait for the next catalogue to arrive in the mail. When it does, I read through every page to see if what I need (and often what I want) is on sale. One would expect a company with an economy of scale this vital would lead to the classic American business model: Sell stuff cheap, offer substandard support and customer service.

Quite the opposite.

Every experience I've had online, over the phone, at the retail store - all 1,000% positive. Performance Bicycle even responded favorably in a timely fashion to my request for sponsorship on The Trip 2005.

I purchased a helmet from the catalogue the other day, and since I'm a Team Performance member ($20.00/yr), I get 2nd day delivery. They had my order out the door half an hour after I placed it (I had called back to add something to the order, but it was too late). After test-riding it yesterday, I determined it was not a good fit. They asked me to send it back to them, along with a very clear and detailed form which is provided on the back of the invoice, and they would replace it with another model (free of shipping) or refund my money. On the same order, I had requested two pairs of disc brake replacement pads and they sent me only one. They are shipping the second pair free, even though the invoice showed the correct number of items shipped.

Wow. Customer Service is alive and well in America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home