The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Friday, June 10, 2005

Everyone knows it's Windy

Yesterday, I was most certainly not skipping down the streets of this city. First of all, I'm not a girl, and second of all, I'm not Carson Kressley.

Last night's two-wheeled commute home was brutal. I had essentially become a windsock in reverse. Clouds were looming, the rain was spitting, and every direction in which I turned, the wind met me squarely in the face. I'm beginning to believe this is more psychological than physical, but it took my average speed on the way home from 18 mph to 13 mph. Thankfully, today is supposed to be worse, so I'm taking the day off. Training/commuting to resume Monday, if not before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home