The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

$100, the hard way

So every once in a while my Inbox is graced with enough temptation to make me spend my lunch hour debating on whether or not to spend $100.00 I may or may not have. Truth be told, it is usually $100.00 I have, but could put to better use elsewhere in my budget.

I'm talking of course about bicycle-related sales.

Twenty percent off of already marked down items is enough to make me wonder if they invent stuff for bikes just to part me with my hard-earned money! I don't believe in this conspiracy, because everything I've ever purchased for my bike riding addiction, I've used. There was a time several years ago where I rode the same bike with the same tires, same brakes, same adjustments and never did anything but put air in the tires. Those days are over as I now realize that 150 miles a week means that a bicycle is not a toy.

Guess where I'm spending lunch? That's right, at Target, because no one ever walks in there for a greeting card and walks out having spent $100.00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home