The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Monday, May 23, 2005

Golf clap

No bike riding this weekend as it was time to participate in a semi-annual golf tournament. The B.J. Greater Loader Open (Hollydot GC, Colorado City, Colo.) is a tournament which has been played twice a year for 22 years now (I'm only in my fourth) and involves a LOT of debauchery. It is the tournament which, a year ago, brought me to terms with my own mortality. The excess was enough to make me quit drinking and smoking, and is what got me back on the bicycle, so in a roundabout way, the partying is directly responsible for this trip I'm about to embark upon.

For some odd reason I can ride a bicycle until the end of time, but two days of golfing just sucks the energy out of me and leaves my body sore and my ego bruised. At least I fixed my slice - all that remains now id my fairway woods, my short game to some extent and my putting game. Aside from that, I'm a decent golfer :-D

More on the golf over at The Ronkainen Project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home