The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Friday, June 17, 2005

Wristbands redux

Today I feel blessed. Last night, my friends almost bought me out of all of the wristbands I had made for the trip, donating $3 apiece, sometimes in multiples, to support the cause. One of my best friends even pledged up to $200 in tips made from her first football Sunday serving the masses of gridiron fans at the best sports bar in town. I love her.

I also have the best friends.

So, in the interest of raising more money, I have ordered several hundred more wristbands to sell (remember, all money goes to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research).

No commute today as the bike is in the shop having new forks installed. The rigid forks will help in getting me places more efficiently. The mechanic saw my rig and whistled his approval, so I'm feeling good about that.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:47 PM, June 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heyya :) Received package with two cheery orange wristbands...thanks that was sweet.

    I know you don't do the actual ride for a couple months yet, but good luck with the raising of pledges and training for the ride and all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home