The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Sleep, speed and other 'S' words

To continue yesterday's final thought, it did not rain. Meh (the sound you make when you shrug). Can't always time the weather right. Now, on to today's thought.

Up at 3:30 this morning - this is because I woke up last evening at 8:34 wondering how I had managed to sleep through my alarm and become late for work. Hey, why is the sun in the west? Yes, early to bed sure makes the early to rise part easier. Thought about doing 60 miles today, but held off and will stick to 35.

One thing I will be doing is upgrading my crankset. There is currently a standard 42-tooth (big ring) installed, and quite frankly, I'm out of gears. It used to be that I could not achieve a speed in excess of 35 mph, but now with the slick tires on, I'm running out of gears on the flats. Must...have...more...speed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home