The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Back in the saddle

After a hitch in my giddyup yesterday, I'm back on the road. The new bike I purchased to take up the majority of the miles from here to Dallas is giving me heck. Wthout getting too specific, it begs to be said that road bikes and mountain bikes are less alike than one would surmise. After having my problems addressed, all is well now, but this mornings commute was a little...stiff, I think is the best word to describe it.

The goal was to buy a bike that could be converted into a mountain bike if need be. This road bike has clearance for larger tires (which I've already installed), two water bottles, triathalon 'cowhorn' handlebars, aero bars, a rigid fork, and most importantly, big gears and big wheels. Speed, baby. I'm certain that had my cyclocomputer (on order) been installed, I would've seen myself top 45 mph this morning. That's in a 35 mph zone, people.

Anyhoo, the handlebars and computer arrive next week, and after this morning's nervous ride into work, I'll ride old reliable until I can make the new bike into a lean, mean speed-freakin'-demon machine.

Coming next week: A name for the new bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home