The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Friday, July 01, 2005

Cycling money cycle

The commute to work is becoming a much shorter event. Not boring by any means, but especially with the new road bike, it routinely takes under 40 minutes to get from A to B. Twofers is my first attempt to lengthen the experience - I mean, why not? Getting to work has never been more enjoyable. On Mondays, I ride to work twice in order to get the week's wardrobe at point B (work) so the rest of the week can be a light commute.

I had also been considering the purchase of one more mountain bike for conversion to road status - too good of a deal to pass up. The trouble was that the 22" model had been on super sale, but the bike shop was out of that size. The exact day the 22" models come in (only two available), the price goes back up $70.00! In the span of an hour (this is on the website)!! Guess it was not meant to be. I penned a polite and brief letter to customer service and let them know how I felt a little let down, so just watch them write back with superior service and let me have it for the discounted price. That always happens when you're hedging on spending a sum of money...

I instead made the money count toward a small bicycle repair manual, saving the rest of the dough for the Bible of bike maintenance.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, July 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reading this blog has me wanting to take my bike of its hooks and cruise around the neighborhood.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home