The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Holiday bike riding

Didn't get a lot done over the past four days, cycling-wise. I was halfway through my first leg of a standard commute cycle when the thunderheads rolled in over the mountains, so I turned around and got home just in time to admire the downpour from the dry comfort of my garage. Thirteen miles had to do...

One good thing is that I figured out what was making that clicking noise on the Giant. The cassette had come loose, and since she's going in for a warranty tune-up tomorrow, I'll need to spend some serious time cleaning her up tonight. Wonder what's on TV on Mondays...

Saving the best for last - the annual Fourth of July OverTime Golf Tournament was a resounding success this year. Typically the proceeds are given to charity, and this year mine was chosen. I believe somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 was raised for The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. I golfed like poo, but it's all about the good time and the one shot you make that keeps you coming back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home