The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Pedal to the plastic

With all of the recent acquirements, my credit card has had quite a workout (again, Mom - just chill). I have spaced them out over several weeks so I'm not attacked by the credit monster.

Two of the three bikes need pedals, one with an old set of one particular type of clipless pedal, and one with stock platform pedals (your classic pedal). Clipless is actually a misnomer as one must wear special shoes to 'clip' into the pedal itself. Needless to say, for the trip and for commuting I need two sets of pedals.

My main bike has a pair of the best pedals I have ever ridden on, the Crank Brothers Candy C. It is the white model, as the yellow model (the one I wanted) was supposedly being discontinued and out of stock until July 22nd. Last night I found a suitable substitute at 50% off, so I ordered two pair online.

Surfing around the Performance Bike site this morning to find a picture and description of this pedal for a fellow bikeforums.net member, it turns out the yellow model is NOW IN STOCK, DAMMIT. So, not only have I paid shipping for two sets of pedals I must now pay to return, I am paying shipping on the pedals I really wanted. Bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home