The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

On the road again

Forgive me readers, for it has been over two weeks since my last post. Business took me to Philadelphia, Penn. and I was away from my bicycle (which agonized me every day I was away). After so many weeks and months of spending at least two hours of quality time with my bike, it was like having part of my body amputated.

After being away for two weeks, getting back on the road is tough. I had to drive to work yesterday morning, my first day back, as I had errands to run. In bed by 8:00 pm las evening, I just could not get out of bed this morning. I like to leave the house by 5:30 am, but this morning it was all I could do to get out of bed by that time. After much internal conflict and discussion I concluded that if I don't ride this morning, there's no telling which ploy I will use to talk myself out of riding the rest of the week.

Oddly enough, the first day back is never that bad. My legs felt like pistons, but my lungs were just pooped out. It took me a little longer to get into work this morning, but after pedaling up the hill to begin my trip this morning, the sensation returned - the same sensation that keeps me motivated to train so hard. I'll need the physical training to be on the safe side, but what continually kees me going are my kids and the memory of my father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home