The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Regularly scheduled programming


Another week begins with two great days of cycling. The first tailwind since what feels like the dawn of time as we know it chased me home yesterday. Any sub-on-hour commute home is a good day. Rode the Raleigh with the new crankset and wheels, and aside from an excessive amount of ghost shifting, that bike is damn fast. I took it into the shop last night to have it looked at, and they could not properly diagnose the shifting issues, so she stayed the night.

This left me with my muddy and neglected Giant, my baby, my favorite. She was all muddy from last Friday's ride home in the rain, so I cleaned her up last night and rode her in this morning.

Pledges are still trickling in, and I cannot thank everyone enough who has pledged. Especially those friends of mine at OverTime and my dear friend Mikaela in Oklahoma who have sold wristbands for me.

Which leads me to my final thought. My SOP is to lay down a tarp and clean the bike indoors while watching some quality television programming, but it is painfully evident that the summer rotation is duller than watching a clothes dryer. Without a see-through door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home