The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Trip 2005: Pills

One thing I've never been able to do until this trip is swallow pills without first chewing them. To be sure I was at peak efficiency (as much as I could be), I took several vitamins and my blood pressure medication. Mashing these into a vile powder was time-consuming and just tasted like evil. After a few practices with harmless vitamins, I finally figured out how to get those bad boys into my system.

I don't know why it was as kids we don't chew our food enough (to our parents' satisfaction), we wolf down a meal so we can get back outside and play, but we cannot swallow a teeny, tiny pill whole when we're adults. Maybe if we had something to do afterward, like go out and play, it would be easier.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, October 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Try filling your mouth with water first, put the pills in and then swallow. Seems to make it easier, at least for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home