The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Friday, August 26, 2005

A familiar path


Been in meetings most of the week, so after-work activities have limited my bike-time. This weekend I'll be at Desert Hawk CC in Pueblo West, a nice little community west of, well, Pueblo. I've decided to make up some miles by having my pals tote my golf bag and luggage down to the course for me while I ride the 60 miles down there this afternoon. What's cool about the whole ordeal is that, for the past few months of route planning for The Trip 2005, the most difficult past has been planning the first leg of the route from Colorado Springs to Pueblo. I-25 is not an option as it is illegal to ride on the shoulder, and there's no way I can keep a 75 mph pace for that long ;-)

The first 50 miles of today's journey will take to the proverbial fork in the road. Instead of turning right to go golfing, come September 29th I'll turn left and head out toward Kansas. This eases the burden of navigation for the trip by a healthy amount.

Attached to this post is an image of The Beefeater all sooped up and ready to go. I am considering taking both bikes on the trip, but have not yet decided on a 'starter.' It will all depend on performance over the next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home