The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Two wheeled conversation

The past two morning around here have been like October by the yacht harbor back home. Foggy, chilly (but not too) and not a lot of activity on the roads.

As I hit the five mile marker, I blew by this guy (I was screaming through a green light) and proceeded to pedal on. Of course, as always, when you're cruising along at a brisk pace, a red light will inevitably stop you, and the guy you passed will meet you at the light.

Shrug.

I don't know where the guy was going at 5:45 am, but we struck up a conversation about disc brakes, "What model year is that frame?," "It sure is no fun riding in winter here," and "Catch ya next time."

What was cool was, there I was in my Texas jersey, my Heineken bib-shorts, my coolmax socks and clipless shoes. The other guy was in jeans, a flannel shirt, a baseball cap, sneakers and both of his tires were running low on air.

Just goes to show ya, it doesn't matter where you're from or what you wear, there's always good conversation when you're on a bike :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home