The Trip 2005

Official blog for a bicycling event conceived to help find a cure for Parkinson's disease
the-trip.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Of sight and periodicals

An uneventful commute this morning. For some reason though, I could not get it going. Took me an hour to get the usual 35 minute routine accomplished. Wake up, watch weather report, make waffles (great fuel), shower, dress, stretch, liftoff.

Mornings are weird because of the dawn. Sure, it happens every day, but I can never tell whether or not I should wear the clear lenses, the amber, or just plain sunglasses, and changing lenses in mid-commute is a pain. I have several hundred dollars left on my medical flexible spending plan this year, so I'm going to get Rx lenses for the trip...

The article on The Trip 2005 came out in USA Hockey magazine (September 2005 issue), and my God - the picture makes me look like a giant. I typically exist on the other side of the camera. Hopefully the circulation of the magazine (largest of any hockey publication worldwide - including The Hockey News) will help spread the word about sponsorships for the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home